Hardware OT & IOT Controls Security
- Operational Technology (OT) is a hardware and software system that detects or causes an amendment through the direct monitoring and/or management of physical devices, processes and events within the enterprise, consistent with Gartner.
- OT is common in Industrial Control Systems (ICS)such as a SCADA System.
- In the world of important infrastructure, OT may be used to control power stations or public transportation.
- As this technology advances and converges with networked tech the requirement for OT security grows exponentially.
- IoT security is the technology area involved with safeguarding connected devices and networks within the internet of things (IoT).
- IoT involves adding internet connectivity to a system of reticulate computing devices,
- mechanical and digital machines, objects, animals and/or individuals.
- Each thing is provided a novel identifier and also the ability to mechanically transfer information over a network. Allowing devices to connect to the internet opens them up to a number of serious vulnerabilities if they are not properly protected.